Homeowners and Renters Insurance in Kirkland, WA
Your home is an integral part of security and stability in your life. However, while it’s easy to think of your home protecting you, it’s also essential for you to take steps to protect it. Even the most diligent and responsible residents cannot eliminate accidents and other incidents. With that in mind, homeowners and renters should understand their insurance needs and address them with optimal coverage.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Owning your own home is a significant financial investment you must protect. Fortunately, homeowners insurance can cast a wide safety net across many common risks and exposures. Although you can personalize these policies to suit the specific needs of you and your family, they usually financially protect the following:
- Primary residence—Your insurance can provide financial assistance for losses and damages accrued by the physical structure of your home, such as its foundations, plumbing systems and attached fixtures.
- Additional structures—If your property includes structures not attached to the main residence, such as detached garages, gazebos and sheds, this coverage can provide financial protection for them.
- Belongings—This coverage can help pay for damages involving personal possessions stored in your home, such as furniture, clothing, jewelry and electronics.
- Liability—If a third party, such as a guest or neighbor, is affected by an incident that causes property damage or bodily injury for which you are deemed responsible, this coverage can help pay for their losses and your legal costs.
- Temporary living expenses—This component of your homeowners insurance policy can render financial assistance if you must vacate your home temporarily, such as for hotel accommodations or restaurant meals.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
In most cases, standard homeowners insurance policies can be relied on to include coverage for the following perils:
- Damage caused by vehicles
- Falling objects (e.g., rocks, tree limbs)
Homeowners in areas with high risk of floods, hurricanes and earthquakes should know that such incidents are generally not included in standard coverage.
What Is Renters Insurance?
If you rent, you may not have as significant of a financial stake in your home as homeowners, but there are still compelling reasons to protect it with a robust renters insurance policy. This type of coverage is similar to homeowners insurance in many ways and generally includes financial assistance for the following:
- Liability—If you or someone else listed in your policy is at fault for an incident that caused bodily injury or property damage to a third party, this coverage can help pay for their medical costs, property losses and lost wages. Your insurance may also help cover your legal costs if you are sued.
- Property—Although your landlord may insure the structural elements of your home, you are responsible for your own belongings. Fortunately, an adequate renters insurance policy can help pay to repair or replace items damaged by covered events.
- Loss of use—If your rental becomes temporarily uninhabitable, this coverage can help pay for resulting expenses, such as temporary housing and meals.
Get the Right Coverage
At Absolute Insurance Solutions, our agents have the expertise and experience to help homeowners and renters in the Kirkland area assess and address their insurance needs. We will work with you to analyze your situation and help you select an ideal policy. Visit our website or call 206-351-4522 to get started.